Exciting news for all dog owners in the Belfast Area
Start date has been postponed.
Dog Friendly NI will co-ordinate a pilot programme for a weekly/fortnightly dog walk meet-up. This will be a 5km walk with your dog at Queen’s University Playing Fields, beside the House of Sport in Belfast at 10.30am.
One part of the Dog Friendly NI ethos is to promote positive physical and mental well-being for both human and dog. Getting everybody moving, chatting and enjoying life. No matter what your age or gender, you will be very welcome to join the ‘Dog Friendly NI – Woof Walk’ on Saturday mornings.
The first Woof Walk will take place on Saturday 20th July and will follow the route of the 5km Park Run route – while you can be of any fitness level, you should be capable of walking this distance. It should take between 45-60 minutes to complete.
There are a few pointers and notes:
- Each person is responsible for their own dog
- ALL dogs MUST be kept on a lead for the duration of the walk
- The walk will start at 10am.
- The walk is FREE for all to attend.
- If you don’t have a dog, you are welcome to come along.
- Please bring poop bags and water for yourself and your dog.
As the walks develop it is planned to hold them weekly, at the same time in a variety of parks across Northern Ireland. This will require volunteers, so if you are interested, please do get in touch. Thank you.